Ayurvedic oils have been a staple skincare ingredient. Try these best kumkumadi oils to tackle skin-related concerns.
Kumkumadi oil or saffron oil is renowned for its unique properties to help people get glowing skin. It is a special oil that helps to fight against pigmentation, dull skin, spots, premature ageing and other skin-related concerns. Apart from maintaining the skin tone, this Ayurvedic oil also helps reduce pimples, acne and gives relief from irritated skin. It is best known for adding a luminous glow to the skin. If using this oil seems like a skincare hack you would want to try, we have curated a list of the best kumkumadi oils under Rs 1000.
What is kumkumadi tailam?
Kumkumadi tailam or kumkumadi tailam is an Ayurvedic oil that is formulated with the blend of natural oils, herbs, fruits, and plant extracts. It is a combination of “kumkum”, meaning saffron and “tailam”, which means oil. Saffron not only rejuvenates the skin cells but also improves blood circulation, which results in brighter skin complexion. Regular massaging your face with this oil can help reduce signs of premature ageing, acne, blemishes, pigmentation, along with improving the overall health of your skin.
What are the ingredients of kumkumadi oil?
The best kumkumadi oils in India are a blend of rich ingredients like saffron, sandalwood, vetiver and more. Each of these ingredients have different benefits for skin.
- Saffron: It contains antioxidant properties that helps reduce dark spots and contributes to brighter complexion.
- Sandalwood: This ingredient has calming and soothing properties that helps soothe the irritated and inflamed skin.
- Vetiver or cuscus grass: Vetiver or vetiveria zizanioides has cooling nature, which helps balance the excess heat in the skin.
- Lotus: The floral essence of lotus keeps the skin hydrated and supple because of its moisturising properties.
- Licorice or mulethi: It contains skin-brightening and anti-inflammatory properties that even out skin tone, reduce pigmentation and soothe inflamed skin.
- Almond: The presence of almonds in the kumkumadi oil provides deep nourishment to your skin because they are rich in vitamins and nutrients. It helps combat dryness and promotes skin texture.
- Sesame: Sesame oils in kumkumadi tailam ensures lasting hydration and revitalised complexion.
- Manjistha: Manjistha or Rubia cordifolia purifies your skin and promotes clear and healthy skin.
Best kumkumadi oils for skin under Rs 1000
Try the best kumkumadi oils for face to get clear and bright skin!
1. Maharishi Ayurveda Kumkumadi Tailam
Maharishi Ayurveda Kumkumadi Tailam is suitable for all skin types, men and women. It is packed with the goodness of red sandal, saffron, sesame oil, lac, licorice root extract, Indian madder and Gmelina arborea. This oil promises to reduce dullness and dryness of the skin. The blend of natural ingredients deeply penetrates into your skin and minimises dark spots. This beauty elixir fights against wrinkles, fine lines, blemishes and enhances skin texture.
How to use: Clean your face with a face cleanser. After that take 3 to 4 drops of the oil and gently massage your face using upward strokes. Leave it overnight for better results.
2. Mellow Ayurvedic Kumkumadi Face Oil
While looking for kumkumadi oil for wrinkles and fine lines, don’t miss this one from Mellow because it claims to reduce signs of premature ageing. This oil is enriched with saffron, lotus, goat milk, sandalwood, and licorice, which improves the overall health of your skin. It promises to hydrate the skin from within, making it look fresh, young and smooth. This oil exfoliates your skin, fights dullness, reduces pigmentation and provides an even complexion.
How to use: Cleanse your face and take a small amount of the oil onto your fingertips. Then rub your palms together to warm the oil and gently massage the oil onto your face.
3. Blue Nectar Kumkumadi Tailam
Blue Nectar Kumkumadi Tailam is suitable for sensitive skin. It is a blend of 26 Ayurvedic herbs like saffron, sandalwood and majistha or rubia cordifolia, that help in skin brightening and in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. This best kumkumadi oil for pigmentation removes dark spots and promotes a younger skin. It deeply nourishes, hydrates and moisturises your skin, preventing dryness and dullness.
How to use: Take a few drops of the oil and apply it on your clean skin. Gently massage your face and leave it overnight for better results.
4. Auravedic Kumkumadi Tailam
The Auravedic Kumkumadi Tailam is a pack of 2 oils are rich in saffron, turmeric, sandalwood and ashwagandha that helps enhance your glow, and reduce dullness. This oil promises to protect your skin against sun damage and reduce pigmentations. Along with boosting cells, this oil minimising fine lines and wrinkles.
How to use: Take a few drops of the oil and massage all over your face and neck. Leave it some for a beautiful glow.
5. Kerala Ayurveda Kumkumadi Oil
Kerala Ayurveda Kumkumadi oil is formulated with saffron, sandalwood, lotus and manjistha. It promises to remove blemishes, dark circles, acne, and pimple scars. Additionally, this oil improves your skin elasticity and enhances your complexion. Moreover, the brand claims that the oil is 100 percent natural, non allergic, and provides long lasting results.
How to use: Take an ample amount of oil and apply it on your face. After that, gently massage your face for 10 minutes and leave it to dry.
6. Vasu Kum Kumadi Tailam
Suitable for dry skin, the Vasu Kum Kumadi Tailam promises flawless skin with regular use. It is packed with the goodness of over 20 herbs, including saffron, and lotus, which helps reduce early signs of ageing and provides soothing effects to your skin. This oil helps remove scars, lightens the skin and works to reverse the effects of suntan. Additionally, the brand claims that this oil is 100 percent ayurvedic, and free from animal derivatives.
How to use: Clean your face and apply the oil. After that gently massage your face and leave it for 30 minutes.
7. Shankara Ayurvedic Kumkumadi Oil
The Shankara Ayurvedic Kumkumadi Oil is enriched with the goodness of sandalwood, saffron and rubia cordifolio. It promises to even out skin tone, improves skin complexion, soothes skin irritation and gives you a healthy glow. This oil keeps your skin hydrated, nourished, reduces pigmentation and improves skin radiance.
How to use: Take a few drops of the oil and apply on the clean face. Massage gentlye and let the oil soak in.
Benefits of kumkumadi oils
1. Enhance complexion: Kumkumadi tailam improves blood circulation, which helps reduce pigmentation and imparts a natural radiance.
2. Reduce signs of premature ageing: This oil contains antioxidants that help reduce fine lines and wrinkles. Regular application of this oil can give you a youthful appearance.
3. Improves hydration and moisturisation: This oil has hydrating properties that nourishes your skin, locks the moisture and prevents dryness.
4. Reduces acne scars: Kumkumadi oils contain anti-inflammatory properties that provide calming effectiveness on the irritated skin around acne and pimples. Additionally, it also helps reduce blemishes and acne scars.
5. Improves skin texture: This oil helps improve skin texture, making it soft and smooth.
6. Reduces hyperpigmentation: It addresses hyperpigmentation issues, reduce the appearance of dark patches and even out skin tone.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team. But their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)