The therapeutic benefits of yoga are well known worldwide. But do you know that practising yoga on an inappropriate surface can have unfavourable effects such as poor posture, intense muscular tension, sprains, fractures and injuries? This is why wellness experts, health coaches and medical professionals urge people to indulge in this ancient practice while using the best yoga mats.
What is the need for yoga mats?
Yoga mats are a better option than regular mats because they offer strong anti-slip capabilities. Since yoga involves slippery and sweaty moves, a good yoga mat can offer flexibility and support to remain steady.
Another well-known benefit of utilising a yoga mat while doing asanas and Pranayam is that they conform to the curves of the body without emphasizing any pain.
Best yoga mats for home and studio sessions
It is crucial to have and use a yoga mat if you believe in the benefits of yoga and practise it regularly. The yoga mat you purchase should be lightweight, sturdy and have a non-skid bottom. Some of the best yoga mats online in India are listed here!
1. Amazon Basic Yoga Mat
This yoga mat is perfect for use in both studios and at home. It has a surface texture that improves traction and provides outstanding stability. This yoga mat is comprised of sturdy foam that is lightweight and long-lasting, making it ideal for daily usage. This mat provides superb cushioning support due to its exceptional thickness.
2. Fitness Mantra Yoga Mat
The yoga mat from Fitness Mantra is a Made in India product. It is non-toxic and made of biodegradable silicone, making it safe. The cloth is of high quality and is quite simple to clean. While practising yoga, the 180 cm length, and 60 cm width can ensure comfortable use. Additionally, it provides outstanding resilience and enables you to keep your balance while engaging in any exercise style.
3. Boldfit Yoga Mat
This EVA yoga mat from Boldfit has anti-slip properties, with its wave-like pattern on the back and a diamond-textured surface on the front. This yoga mat was made with no rubber, and it is quite durable.
There are no slips or injuries as a result of its anti-skid characteristics. So, you do not need to worry if you sweat a lot while exercising. The mat is also quite simple to clean!
4. OJS Yoga Mats
As compared to regular yoga mats, this mat has a higher density. It has a 6 mm extra thick pad that serves as head protection. The yoga mat’s textured surface offers excellent grip and is ideal for practising various yoga, pilates, and other physical activities. It includes a yoga mat bag, making the product portable and ideal for travel.
5. Amazon Brand: Symactive Yoga Mat
Use this superb yoga mat to easily conduct yoga, pilates, stretching, meditation, and other exercises. It is practical for all yoga lovers with a 180 cm length and a 4 mm thickness. The fact that it includes a mat bag, which makes it portable and simple to transport, is its best feature. Additionally, because it is sweat- and tear-resistant, you do not need to bother about washing it.
Also read: Don’t let your yoga mat be a hotspot of germs. Clean it the right way in 5 simple steps
How to choose the best yoga mat for a yoga session?
Choosing the right yoga mat may involve a little more thought than just picking a striking colour or design.
* PVC mats should never be used since they often contain the dangerous chemical vinyl chloride. Latex-based yoga mats are bulky, very sticky, uncomfortable, and may cause allergies. EVA is lightweight and durable, but it is not particularly soft or grippy. So, search for a yoga mat that is latex-free, vegan, and built with environmentally friendly components like TPE.
* Yoga mats are not the sort of thing you would be buying every day. Therefore, a high-quality, crack- and peel-resistant mat is the best option.
* A sleek design and distinctive texture can be the icing on the cake if you’re a lover of aesthetics.
* The ideal yoga mats are those that are odour-free, easily washable, and simple to maintain.
* Additionally, search for mats that are simple to roll up and unfold and do not maintain a firm shape.
* To prevent slipping while performing a yoga position, the best yoga mat for sweaty hands must have a moisture-wicking top coat. * Plasticized mats should not be used because they lack these characteristics.
(Disclaimer: At Health Shots, we make a constant effort to break the clutter for our readers. All products listed are carefully curated by the editorial team but use your discretion and an expert’s opinion before using them. Their price and availability may differ from the time of publication. If you buy something using these links in the story, we may earn a commission.)